Saturday 4 December 2010

VIDEO: Yoga - Seventh Mind

I'm going to come out and call it Hypnagogic Black Metal - say what you hear, and I hear as much James Ferraro as I do Darkthrone:  Skaters + Satan = Yoga.  This is a track from last year's Megafauna, still available on CD and huge and heavy 12" format from Holy Mountain.  Video footage for this comes from a recently made version of Lovecraft's Call of Cthulhu, with additional editing and effects by Michael Tronix.  Fittingly, the rising horror of the track builds up along with the visuals and the two collapse into each other in a screaming finale.  I thought there was a big album of b-sides and assorted coming from these guys (who, if rumours are true, includes Sam Meringue of Matrix Metals), which I'm holding out for in lieu of new material. 

No comments:

Post a Comment