Thursday 3 June 2010

Male Bonding Daytrotter Session

I have been listening to Nothing Hurts a fair bit and am still  unsure as to how much I like it. But I do like it. I think. I like that Male Bonding have taken this risky approach to redoing their songs for Daytrotter - unplugging rock music is the most foolhardy thing any untested band can do. Volume covers over a lot of cracks. After listening to these versions, I'm going to go back to the album with a renewed interest.


Chill Into The Gloom Of Haunting Words And Smoke

"There's no pressure in a Male Bonding song, as heard on this session, just an as-luck-would-have-it ease that's maybe owed more to the acoustic guitar than anything else and to having this be the first time the trio had ever performed their songs in such a manner. It's a simple root beer float or margarita feeling to these four songs, two of which appear on the album and two that don't appear anywhere else."

Read more and download tracks here:

http://www.daytrotter.com/dt/male-bonding

No comments:

Post a Comment